Thursday, June 1, 2017

May Reading Wrap Up

Thank you, May, for being better than April. I mean, it was a low bar, sure, but thank you. This month I got to go to D.C. and see My Favorite Murder, go to Boston (area) and see a couple friends get married and hang out with a few other friends, and a friend from Ireland is in town (for said wedding) so we've been hanging out. All swell stuff.

I know I've been bad at the weekend updates (because of the above stuff which is taking up weekends) but JUST KNOW I have continued to reach out to local reps and continued my monthly donations. This month went to Planned Parenthood because they were doubling donations for a period of time so why not?

Let's look at the stats

Total books read
4
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
We Are Never Meeting In Real Life by Samantha Irby
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud: The Rise and Reign of the Unruly Women by Anne Helen Petersen

Total pages read
1,237
Lowest number so far, but I've also spent a lot of time making my way through White Trash which is good but NOT THE FASTEST read. So.

Fiction
50%

Female authors
100%
POC authors
25%

US authors
100%

Book formats
ebook: 50%
paperback: 50%

Where'd I get the book
Chain bookstore: 25%
Gift: 25%
NetGalley: 50%

Review book
50%

Bookclub/Readalong
25%

Books by decade
2010s: 100%

Books by genre
Humor: 25%
Lit Fic: 50%
Sociology: 25%

Resolution books
25%
We Are Never Meeting in Real Life is by a POC author
Only one, but hey, not none!
To next month being even better? Sure, why not.